Work with Us
Thanks for your interest in our open auditions. All our audition slots are now full!
Show 1 runs Dec 4 - 30, 2015 (rehearses November)
Show 2 runs Feb 12 - 27, 2016 (rehearses January)
Show 3 runs April 15 - May 7, 2016 (rehearses March/April)
Show 4 runs May 20 - June 19, 2016 (rehearses April/May)
Walking Shadow loves working with new plays -- almost one third of our productions have been world premieres, and we're excited to find ways to begin working with other local writers.
If you're a playwright, what do you want to write next? Ideally your idea is one you've got an itch for already, that just needs the right opportunity to come out. Do you have a project currently in mind that you think would fit our mission?
Whether you're a new or established playwright, we encourage you to submit an idea or story kernel you're interested in developing as a full-length play. If you're selected, you'll receive an $800 writing stipend to develop the idea, feedback and support from Walking Shadow's artistic directors, and a public staged reading.
We will accept submissions from August 15 - 30, 2015. Start thinking about which of your current ideas you want to tell us about! Check out our mission statement and production history to get a feel for the work we do. We also recommend this article from 2009 about what we look for in plays.
- submissions accepted August 15 - 30, 2015
- open to playwrights living in Minnesota or western Wisconsin
- include one previous full-length or Fringe-length play
- provide a playwriting resume, with production history (if any)
- present a short project pitch detailing a concept, story, or idea that you want to explore (no more than 200 words: boil it down to what's exciting)
- if you have more than one idea brewing, submit up to three different pitches!
We welcome questions, and are excited to hear from local playwrights!
Student Mentorship Program
This program allows students from middle-school to college to work with our regular professional artists in production mentorships. Learn more here.